9/24/11

Evelyn Rose

After much ado, we gratefully met our healthy baby girl at 4:11 p.m. on Wednesday, September 21st.  She weighed in at 7 lbs. 7 oz. and was 19.5" long at 39 weeks.


It's a miracle that any baby ever gets here in one piece as far as I'm concerned.  And she is certainly no exception

She's a doll, and we are loving getting to know her.  She already loves her Daddy's voice and is totally cool with all of her brother's singing, hooting, and hollering.


She is very strong, lifts her head, moves it all around, and can quickly and firmly get both of her hands and arms in the way the entire time she's trying to nurse.

She's waking up a little more every day--before I know it she'll be running around the house.  I'm simultaneously trying to feed her, love on Spencer, and manage to store up some amount of memories about all that has happened in the past couple of days.  Many more blogs to come on all that later, I'm sure.

Amazed doesn't begin to describe our feelings that she's here and she's ours.  We are loving being a family of four, and, all things considered, we are sleeping pretty well.

I feel fifteen years older after her delivery in comparison to how I felt after Spencer's--and it's less than a three year difference.  It's unreal.  But, it's been so much fun bringing a baby home to a toddler sibling--brings back lots of sibling memories.

3 comments:

  1. No more nausea!!! Yay! Fun times ahead, for sure! So wonderful that you can
    blog about it and recall the memories! So happy for your little family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are you trying to do?? You're making me want to get pregnant!! She's absolutely adorable. congratulations. Welcome to the wild world of 2 kids!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lauren,

    This is the billionth time I've tried to comment on this post, I'm hoping using a different browser will finally allow me to comment.

    Anyway, your newest addition is adorable and I absolutely LOVE the name you picked out. Praise the LORD that she is healthy and that you don't have to be pregnant with her anymore :)...NO MORE NAUSEA.

    I can't wait to read the many adventure stories of Spencer and Evelyn (though I'd totally understand if blogging about it is like the last thing on your mind...). I'm sure they will prove to be the dynamic duo.

    Hope you are getting some rest!

    ReplyDelete

What do you think?