9/28/09

Human Nature Exhibit A: The Food is Always Greener

Spencer had polished off a dinner of chicken, sweet potato, green beans, corn bread, and milk. He was working on a cookie, and Jonathan was eating his dinner. I hungrily hopped up to fix my own plate. I sat back down with a salad of spinach and mixed greens with Italian dressing. Spencer quickly realized he had not been offered any salad. He could NOT have been hungry. Nonetheless, he proceeded to scream at me until I handed him what he knew was the one thing on the table he had not tasted. So, I reluctantly handed my 9.5 month old a spinach leaf. O, what joy ensued...


I can't believe you were holding out on me mom. Betrayal.


This is great.


I'm going to chew on this leaf indefinitely just to prove my point.

I'm going to show him these pictures when he is 3 and refuses to eat spinach. And again, when he's 12 and refuses to eat spinach. He had never sat in his seat this long, and he has yet to do it again. I guess it's time to pull out the mixed greens.

No comments:

Post a Comment

What do you think?